For the first eight phases of the Volunteer Project THINKTANK head HERE and scroll down to the Volunteer Projects category.
For those of you reading this blog for the first time or if you need a reminder the THINKTANK blogs are self starter projects that I am working on and building from the ground up.
I show you in phases the processes of my creations and activities and what is working and not working.
The goal is for you to be able to get better grasp on how to create things for this world, focus on people and purpose in your digital marketing, understand what can be turned into passion projects/side hustles/full on businesses, and ultimately you getting to create a lifestyle around fulfilling work that impacts the world in a positive way!
This particular THINKTANK is about my leadership and volunteering role with the Alzheimer’s Association headed into the hopeful raising of ONE MILLION DOLLARS on September 24th at the Central Ohio Walk.
What has been the latest in the process of working in this role?
- We had another committee meeting where decided to send out curated and customized emails to each of our team captains and explain to them why we are involved with the organization. A “thank you” version was sent to people who had already signed up their team and a “here’s why you should” versions was sent to people who hadn’t. The emails resulted in another five teams signed up.
- We are now currently at 35% of last year’s team signed back up for the Walk on September 24th. The national average is 30% at the moment but we still have a ways to go to reaching our goal of 65%!
- The Central Ohio Chapter also services 13 other counties in the area and they host 4 other rural area walks. The first one was held in Perry County last Saturday and we were there at 6am ready to kick off “Walk Season!” The picture at the top of the blog post is of the memory wall we put together and had people fill out and put up.
- The rural walks give myself as a volunteer a chance to do volunteering with the organization in a more “manual labor” focused approach as opposed to my more office/project manager role for the Columbus Walk. It also reminds me that this disease extends itself to all over the world and not just in our little pocket of Columbus.
- Next up is two working meetings to help the staff get ready for the hopeful turnout of almost 5,000 people come September 24th. We will be given projects that will help make the two weeks leading up to the walk as smooth as possible for the staff and let them sleep in their own beds.
- We will also be doing a “call blitz” in August reaching out to every team captain who has not signed back up for the walk yet. In hopes of displaying urgency to get them to do so!
How does this THINKTANK series relate to business?
After all it’s a volunteering role so what does it have to do with creation of a business or revenue through new projects and ideas.
The answer lies in the fact that volunteering is networking and relationship building at its finest. You grow business by relying on these two core competencies as well. If you volunteer with a fire in your belly people are going to start noticing that.
You never know who might be looking to add someone like you to their team or as a partner on new creative project.
That’s why volunteering with fire and passion is so important to your professional career. That and the causes you volunteer deserve your personal best. Not just when you feel like it in your spare time.
Are you ready to create a lifestyle around work that leaves you fulfilled?
Join my community in a bigger way by signing up HERE! It’s absolutely free and I have a gift upon your sign up for you to help you get started on this lifestyle.
I’m always grateful for shares and comments. Thanks for reading and being here.
Spread Good Vibes, Demand the Best from Yourself, Carpe Diem