With my new book The Passionate Marketing Revolution now out I have been doing a lot of brainstorming yet structured thinking on what type of shifts a business can do to improve their overall state.
The truth is it’s rather more simple than most would venture to believe. One path to more revenues and improving the bottom line is the path to caring more.
REI just paid all of their workers to take Black Friday off and #OptOutside while they closed their doors.
While the holiday is pretty overdone Small Business Saturday is a reminder that there are hundreds of thousands of businesses out there that are putting effort and energy into what they are doing and why they are doing it.
People like Gary V, Chris Guillebeau, and Tim Ferriss have inspired a generation of people to create a positive impact, hustle, and try to make a difference in the world. This type of mindset and thought process simply comes down to caring more.
I work every day to care more. To offer my clients the best work that I can possibly offer. Sometimes there are going to be things that will prevent our success. Roadblocks will occur and need to be overcome.
But if you can have a daily application and process of caring more each and every day you will increase your odds of continuing to get to create sustainable and positive wins in your professional career.
What does that path to caring more look like?
- Tap into your passions and do work that revs you up. You won’t care more if you don’t care at all about what you are working on.
- Read and be on the cutting edge in your industry. Choosing to ignore what is coming next or spending time talking about other people instead of large scale impact will hinder your ability to care more.
- Meditate and scribe daily. Let your mind wander into your subconscious. You will get new concepts and ways to do your best work. I meditate for at least 10 minutes every day and scribe one page of writing that I never go back to but only to let my underbelly out.
- Focus on people and your relationships above everything else. I can’t tell you how many times something has happened as a result of a relationship. They mean everything to me and I often say how much “I love my people” and I truly mean it.
- Eat healthy and work out. The best way you can take care of others and do good work is when you have high energy levels. You also can serve others best when you invest in serving your best healthy self.
The path to caring more is about taking the path towards making sure your most creative, intelligent, healthy, motivated, and engaging self is put forth every single day.
There is no secret sauce in business. The secret sauce is how the people who run the business treat themselves and what they do to prepare themselves in treating the rest of the world.
Let’s care more. About others. About ourselves. And about the whole world. It will be worth it.
Grab a copy of my new book HERE and join in the Passionate Marketing Revolution!
Spread Good Vibes, Demand the Best from Yourself, Carpe Diem