It’s all over my website and it’s written about in my books HERE but in case you need a refresher or you are new to this blog I have a “hot dog stand theory.”
I sold 75,000 hot dogs in college and it taught me to never work a job that I didn’t love or in a career that I didn’t believe in.
Therefore I believe everyone has a “hot dog stand” in their lives.
A lot of people assume that it means you have to start your own business or you have to pick one thing that you love and stick with it for the rest of your life.
If your own business is what you want…go do it!
Some may have a “hot dog stand” in the traditional 9 to 5 sense.
Others might think it’s time to dump the suits and pick up a hammer or a hose or a pencil and get into a trade, a new career, or into something they thought they would only do in college.
Here’s the deal though…our hot dog stands evolve.
We get older and our priorities change.
We get happier and more grateful and our thought processes change.
We start to get healthy or we have a health scare and what we want to do change.
The idea that your hot dog stand can’t evolve or change is simply not true.
Don’t be afraid of that change. In fact embrace the change!
This blog started as all things Marketing. And while marketing you and encouraging you to tap into your passions and look for something worth doing is still a core theme there’s a lot of talk that goes deeper than marketing.
I wanted it to evolve and it’s going to evolve more.
Change is good and change helps us grow. Don’t hold back if you think a change will help you and those close to you grow, help make the world a better place, and give yourself the chance at “passionate living.”
How can you do this?
1) Do something when your typical excuse is “I’m too tired.”
2) Go somewhere on a walk you have never gone before in your own community.
3) Volunteer somewhere that kind of scares you.
4) Cook a food that downright makes you feel intimidated to make.
5) Call a friend you have lost touch with.
6) Write a journal or meditate for 10 minutes a day for the next week and see how you feel.
7) Smile at everyone you see for a day.
8) Actually laugh out loud no matter where you are when you text someone LOL.
9) Book a trip to somewhere you thought you’d never go or know little about.
10) Take a chance on something that could give someone else a huge payoff.
11) Don’t feel like you have the time to do all of this? Purchase the Efficiency Recipe HERE and get the time!
There’s more of course but this gives a good start.
Your hot dog stand will be swirling around in a frenzy ready to be unleashed on the world by the time you are done!
Thanks for reading everyone, I truly appreciate you being part of the crew. If you are looking for all things passionate living and inspiration you are in the right place.
Tell a friend, share a post, or just take it all in…whatever you prefer!
If you haven’t checked the podcast archive lately there’s some great ones right HERE.
Spread Good Vibes, Demand the Best from Yourself, Carpe Diem!